Have a holiday potluck where you want to impress but have no idea what to bring? Wanna do some Christmassy activity but have no idea what to do? Or are you just craving some sugary holiday treats but have no idea what to eat?
WHATEVER IT IS, NO WORRIES- I GOTCHU.
I present to you…not one, not two, but THREE easy holiday treats to make- Christmas Krispies Treats, Peppermint White Chocolate Pretzels, and Christmas White Chocolate Bark! They’re super simple to make and require close to zero culinary talent, perfect if you’re in a time crunch to whip up something fast.
Christmas Krispies Treats is a holiday twist on a childhood classic we’re all very much familiar with. You can’t go wrong with this one because no one dislikes rice krispies treats. Am I right or am I right…?
Ingredients (for ~10 treats)
2.5 cups rice krispies cereal
2 cups marshmallows
1/8 cup butter
Any additional decorations you want (m&ms, chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.)
- Melt butter on LOW HEAT (to ensure the butter doesn’t burn) in a saucepan
- Stir in marshmallows and mix until everything is melted and mixture is even
- Take saucepan off the stove, pour in rice krispies cereal, and mix until well combined
- Transfer to wax paper and flatten into a 0.5 inch thick sheet
- Wait to cool a bit and use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes (if you have leftover mixture, you can either microwave it a bit to soften it up and reshape or if you’re like me, eat it all up because why not)
- Decorate to your liking!
This treat is a good mix of salty and sweet, with just the right amount of peppermint to kick things up a notch! Plus, how festive looking are these treats?
crushed candycane bits
(no specific amounts because I just eyed everything and I’m sure you’re clever enough to as well)
- Melt the white chocolate- you can either use the double broiler method like I did, or just melt it in the microwave in 5-10 second intervals and mixing in between
- Take the melted white chocolate out the microwave/off the stove (if you used a double broiler- quick tip: keep it over the saucepan to keep the chocolate from hardening)
- Dip your pretzel rod one at a time in the melted chocolate and coat with the help of a spoon and let the excess drip off
- Roll your pretzel road in a plate of crushed candycane bits to coat, and leave on wax paper to cool and harden (if you’re impatient like I am, stick them in the fridge to quicken the process)
Now… what they heck are you supposed to do if you have leftover melted white chocolate? THIS IS WHERE THE BONUS THIRD RECIPE COMES IN.
Use the melted white chocolate to make white chocolate bark! Super easy, super fast, and super festive.
All you do really is pour the remaining white chocolate onto waxed paper and spread out with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle on whatever you want (I went with christmas m&m’s and the remaining candycane bits), let it cool and harden, and there you have it- Christmas White Chocolate Bark!
What are some of your favourite easy holiday treats to make?