If you thought I was done with all the Christmas baking this holiday season, then you clearly don’t know me very well. I recently stumbled upon a photo of melted snowman cookies I made two years ago and decided to recreate them this year!
Of all the holiday-themed treats I have made, these melted snowman cookies are probably my favourite. They are ridiculously cute (just look at their smushed little heads!!) and super easy to make. Plus, there’s nothing like spending an afternoon listening to Frosty the Snowman on repeat while whipping up a batch of Frostys yourself. 🙂
- sugar cookies (bake from scratch, use premade cookie dough, or just buy boxed cookies!)
- snowman decorations (sprinkles, chocolates, m&m’s… whatever you think your snowmen needs)
- Frost your cookies with a butter knife. No need to be super neat- icing dripping down the sides will give it more of a melted effect.
- Heat up your marshmallows either with a microwave or a toaster oven until they slightly expand- gooey on the inside but still intact on the outside. This might take a bit of trial and error to get the timing right. If you’re using a microwave, I’d say do 10 seconds and check back; if you’re using a toaster oven, then around a minute on low heat will do.
- Prick the bottom of the marshmallow with a fork to expose the gooey insides, and push down onto the cookies to secure.
(please ignore my ugly, chipped nails that I should really fix up…)
- Time to decorate! This part is really up to you on how you want your snowmen to look. I simply used blue icing and snowflake sprinkles to create the scarf, pressed on mini m&m’s for buttons, and finished it off by drawing on the eyes, nose, and arms with melted chocolate and orange icing.
And there you have it- melted snowman cookies that are almost too cute to eat!