If you saw my What’s In My Work Bag post, you’d know that I recently picked up the Tory Burch York Buckle Tote in french grey. If you’re on the hunt for a new tote, read on for my review on this bag! 🙂
- It has classic tote style that won’t go out of fashion (at least, I hope not!).
- I am not a big fan of super large in-your-face brand logos when it comes to handbags and accessories, so I adore the small, subtle Tory Burch logo in the front of the bag.
- The french grey is the perfect neutral colour for all year round! If french grey isn’t your thing, they have come out with a range of colours every season for you to choose from.
- The outer shell material is saffiano leather, which makes it durable, scratch resistant, and easy to clean.
- Very spacious with tons of compartments and pouches, allowing you to carry a bunch of things but still staying organized.
- The middle compartment for your laptop is padded, so you don’t even need to put your laptop in a case!
- For a leather tote this large, it’s relatively light.
- Quite large, which be a bit of a hassle, especially during rush hour when people are shoving past each other. They do have a smaller size, which may be perfect for you if you have a smaller laptop!
- The top is open with no zipper or button closure, so I always have to be super careful in crowded places.
- Some online reviewers claim the straps aren’t super durable if you carry heavy items (i.e. your laptop) on a daily basis, but that personally hasn’t been a problem for me so far.
- Also from online reviewers- the laptop compartment is not attached the the bottom of the bag, so things can get stuck at the bottom. However, I like keeping small items organized in pouches and cases which eliminates this problem.
Overall, I have been loving this bag so far. The organizational compartments of this bag is definitely my favourite part. Plus, because it’s such a neutral, simple tote, it goes with pretty much everything! If you’re looking for a new work bag, I recommend checking the Tory Burch York Buckle Tote out! 🙂