I recently picked up (and treated myself to) a new work bag— the Tory Burch York Buckle Tote, and since I’ve had it for a good couple of weeks, why not share with you all what I carry in it! If you’re thinking of getting a new school or work bag, check out my review on this tote.
I don’t bring my laptop to work normally, but when I do, it’s usually just to a cafe when I want to work on my blog (like literally right now as I’m typing this). In case you’re wondering, I ordered my marble sticker cover online in Taiwan, but you can find a similar one here!
I got my wallet from a Kate Spade outlet for a pretty good discount. Definitely recommend checking out their outlets if you have one nearby! I love it because it’s the perfect size and has a zippered coin compartment that is really handy.
I use my Muji notebook as a 2 in 1 notepad and planner. I’ve been trying to bullet journal this year and so far it’s been working out pretty great. I have been meaning to decorate the front cover of it, but haven’t gotten around to it yet!
Can’t live without it… gotta keep connected to the world!
In the past few years I’ve gotten into a better habit of constantly staying hydrated. Having a water bottle on me at all times definitely helps.
Pretty self explanatory? 🙂
The Bits and Bobs
I like to have a snacks in my work bag because I always get hungry in between meals. Also, it’s always more fun working when there’s something to munch on.
Perfect for freshening your mouth after meals.
My mom actually made this adorable little quilted pouch (isn’t she talented??)! I like keeping a few pens, pencils and the such with me to jot things down in my notebook.
- Bandaids: You never know when they might come in handy! These have saved me a bunch of times (mostly from scraped heels when wearing certain shoes). Just three weeks ago, a lady tripped on the sidewalk, scraped her hand, and ta-da— my emergency bandaid to the rescue!
- Eyedrops: I wear contacts on a normal basis, and my eyes can sometimes get suuuper dry from the air or just from staring at the computer screen for too long.
- Hand cream: Sometimes my hands get uncomfortably dry, especially after washing my hands, so these are always nice to have around. I love the Shea Butter Hand Cream from L’occitane!
- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: Okay, these and the Vaseline lip balms are pretty much the only lip balms I use. I have been using these for years and years and years and still 100% love them!
- NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie: I’ve mentioned this back in my everyday makeup routine, and it’s still my current go-to lip colour! I’m already on my second tube…
- Teeth Floss/Picks: I like having these with me because 1) I pretty much always have things in my teeth after I eat and 2) I have cavity-prone teeth so I try to keep my teeth clean as much as I can!
- Compact Mirror: For checking if there’s lipstick on my teeth and that sort of stuff…
- Kleenex: First of all, can we just admire how cute my kleenex is? I went around different drugstores in Taiwan just to find the Winnie the Pooh ones! But seriously, kleenexes ALWAYS come in handy.
What are some of your essentials in your work bag? 🙂